Tipo di contratto: stage
Tipo di lavoro: a tempo pieno
La tua esperienza: studente
Lingua: Inglese (Bilingue)
For two centuries, Brooks Brothers has been the model for quintessential American style. The Brooks Brothers name has become synonymous with a certain kind of classic elegance that is at once stylish and impeccably correct. While fashions come and go Brooks Brothers has demonstrated that the desire for quality and good taste remains constant.
On April 7, 1818 Henry Sands Brooks opened a small clothing store in the corner of Catherine and Cherry Streets in New York City. It was Brooks’ dedication to his own high standards of quality, value, and service – combined with a commitment to remaining current without compromise – that established the clothier’s dominance in both the American marketplace and in its collective imagination.
As the oldest apparel retailer in America, Brooks Brothers has been the innovator of many classic styles such as the Ready-Made Suit, the Button-Down shirt and repp ties. With a client list that ranges from Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy to Katharine Hepburn, Fred Astaire, and Andy Warhol, Brooks Brothers is more than an icon. For generations of gentlemen, women, and boys, Brooks Brothers has been – and continues to be – a way of life.
DESCRIZIONE DEL POSTO
The intern will be part of EMEA Visual Merchandising Department, supporting the EMEA Visual Merchandising Administrative Assistant in all the activities.
– Collaboration in the management of order forms for windows props, visual tools, etc.
– Reporting activities in order to support all the EMEA VM team
– Supporting in activities of Budget coordination
– Orders and invoicing management of windows props, visual tools, etc.
– Supporting in activities of analysis
The Visual Merchandising Intern, working closer and under the supervision of the Visual Merchandising Senior, will support him for the following tasks/activities:
– Ensure that brand creative vision is communicated
– Present effective promotional ideas to increase store profits and sales
– Take over of the visual look of the store and work closely with store managers and Allocation Department to be sure that in the windows there are the goods we want to sell
– Constantly propose to the Visual Merchandising Senior new and fresh store design ideas
– Create and maintain different visual displays to promote a specific product or promotion
– Maintain an organized, visual, appealing and welcoming store environment
– Build clientele through effective marketing and advertising of Brooks Brothers
In order to support the Visual Merchandising Senior, some other day-to-day tasks for the intern will be:
– Deciding how to use space and lighting creatively
– Developing floor plans and sketching designs
– Maximizing the space and layout of the store
– Installing and dismantling displays
– Move and position store merchandising
– Setting up displays, dressing and undressing mannequins, arranging screens, fabric and posters
– Hiring, borrowing or making props
– Taking down old displays.
– Support fashion events (ex. Pitti, Bread & Butter), discount sales, and other gimmicks to attract more store customers
– Support, concerning the visual activities, the big wholesale client
– Participate in seasonal set up: ex Show room
Another important task is to create and maintain a good relationship with all levels of store staff and in general with the whole company staff (logistic, allocation, etc.).
– Excellent organizational skills
– Need to be self-reliant, self-motivated, and have the ability to achieve goals and meat deadlines
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work well with all level of company staff
– Strong creative flair
– Effective problem solving abilities
– Demonstrate ability to accept change and priority shifts to drive business.
– Solicit input from others, accept and use feedback to improve performance.
– Hard worker